I think everyone is in need of a little uplifting this week. For Thursday Thirteen I am sharing some of my favorite movie quotes. If you are wondering why they are all from kids movies, that would be because I have three kids and I hear these movies in the car, watch them with the kids in the playroom and don’t get to see nearly as many grown up movies. Besides, these are more fun!
- One should always be ready to listen to one’s children, even if they have nothing to say. (Chicken Little)
- To infinity, and beyond! (Toy Story)
- It depends on youâ€¦you have to make the right choices. (Meet the Robinsons)
- Where there is a will there is a way, and I have a way. (Shrek )
- Otis, a strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others. (Barnyard )
- We eat to live. These guys live to eat! (Over the Hedge)
- Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave (Madagascar )
- When life gets you down do you wanna know what you’ve gotta do? Keep swimming. Just keep swimming. (Finding Nemo)
- I never look back, darling, it distracts from the now. (The Incredibles)
- First rule of leadership: everything is your fault (A Bug’s Life)
- This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good. (Stitch from Lilo & Stitch)
- Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. (Lilo from Lilo & Stitch)
- Around here, however, we donâ€™t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new thingsâ€¦ and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. (Walt Disney at the end of Meet the Robinsons)
By the way, which is your favorite? Or, what is your favorite inspirational quote from a movie?
Filed under Movies, Thursday Thirteen
Good list! Hm, I don’t know if I have a favorite of all time, but my favorite right now is from the new James Bond: “How was your lamb?” says Vesper. “Skewered,” responds Bond. “One sympathizes.” I think it’s more the tone of the whole scene that makes me laugh, but it’s great!
wrote @ April 19th, 2007 at 2:21 pm
Nice list. Makes me want to watch something other than Blue’s Clues. The only quote I can think of is “Here’s the mail it never fails, it makes me want to wag my tail….”
wrote @ April 19th, 2007 at 2:55 pm
What a happy list..Thanks for sharing with us!
Amys Random Thoughts is having a cool blogging scavenger hunt starting May 1st. Details were announced today. Hope you will participate!
wrote @ April 19th, 2007 at 3:00 pm
Sonja – James Bond is always good for memorable quotes!
Randa – your time will come – next thing you know your little one will be graduating to shows with much less catchy tunes. I still love Blue.
Amy – I will be sure to check that out – sounds like fun.
I like #10, and I LOVE The Incredibles!
wrote @ April 19th, 2007 at 3:48 pm
My favorite is from Casino Royale, too.
Vesper Lynd: Am I going to have a problem with you, Mr. Bond?
James Bond: No, don’t worry, you’re not my type.
Vesper Lynd: Smart?
James Bond: Single.
wrote @ April 19th, 2007 at 4:20 pm
I would have to say anchorman, the office, office space and always napolean dynamite…..music plays,”I caught you a delicious bass” music continues. I know, I’m weird! As you, I like all the kid quotes to, always hear them in my ear while driving.
wrote @ April 19th, 2007 at 4:26 pm
Ingo – I just knew you’d have a Bond quote.
Kendra – the last grown up movie I saw was “Little Miss Sunshine” and one of the best quotes in it was
“A real loser is someone who’s so afraid of not winning he doesn’t even try.”
wrote @ April 19th, 2007 at 4:50 pm
Just keep Swimming. Just Keep Swimming.
wrote @ April 19th, 2007 at 4:56 pm
This is my first visit here
You have a very interesting blog; keep it going !
As for the TT… I loved the NÂ° 12 by Lilo, talking about OHANA.
Ohana is from Hawaii, where I grew up .
Thank you for sharing these happy quotes; we all need some warmth..
Take care , and see you soon .
My favorite from the Incredibles is “When everyone’s special, it just means no one will be.”
Great list. I don’t know that I have any favorites from movies, but I understand about them only being from children’s movies. For a long time, that’s all I watched, too.
hmm, where do I start…
“I ate fiberglass insulation. It wasn’t cotton candy like the guy said… my tummy itches. ” – Brick Tamland, Anchorman
“I mean, seriously, Asia? You framed an Asia poster? How hard did the people at the frame store laugh when you brought this in? ” – Cal, 40-year Old Virgin
I just realized I shouldn’t post any more of my favorites. They might not be appropriate
wrote @ April 19th, 2007 at 7:36 pm
I like your #5.
wrote @ April 19th, 2007 at 8:26 pm
Keeping with your animation theme:
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.”
“Look inside yourself, Simba. You are more than what you have become.”
The Lion King
This is really cool Thursday Thirteen and shows that even kid movies have a good message. Thanks
wrote @ April 24th, 2007 at 5:39 am
“You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward.” from Rocky Balboa – the latest Rocky movie. That says it all.
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>